Total Cook Time
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2½ cups water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Borden® Fat Free Skim Milk
- 1 cup Borden® Cheese Sharp Cheddar Shreds
- PREHEAT oven to and spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- HEAT oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 1 minute or until onion is tender. Add quinoa and cook, stirring, until golden brown and toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 2½ cups water, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until water has been absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- WHISK eggs and milk together in a large bowl. Stir quinoa into egg mixture, and whisk in ½ cup of the cheese. Spread in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped tomato and green onion, if desired. Serve immediately.