- 16 ounces Borden(R) Shredded Cheese (Triple Cheddar, or any mix of Sharp, Mild, or Monterey Jack)
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces diced pimentos (drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 sheets puff pastry (thawed)
- Yields 18 servings
- COMBINE the shredded cheese with the softened cream cheese and mayonnaise in a medium size bowl. Stir together to create a consistent texture.
- ADD the diced pimentos, salt, and pepper, and stir.
- ADD the egg and water in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- BRUSH the egg wash over the top of the puff pastry. Spoon pimento cheese mixture on top. Spread it out into a consistent layer.
- ROLL the puff pastry carefully to create a roll. Gently slice the roll into 1-inch long sections using a sharp knife.
- LAY rolls onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or foil. Make sure to not crowd the rolls or they will stick to each other while baking.
- BAKE for 20 minutes; rolls will be golden and cheese will be bubbly.
- COOL for about 5 minutes, then remove from the pan.
Credit to House of Yumm for this recipe and image.