Total Cook Time
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 10 oz. skirt steak
- ½ large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ large green or yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-½ cups Borden® Cheese Quesadilla Shreds
- 12 flour tortillas (about 6-1/2 inches)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- MIX chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper; rub evenly on both sides of steak.
- HEAT large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and steak; cook about 4 minutes on each side for medium doneness or to 145o F (62o C). Remove from skillet to cutting board; let rest 10 minutes.
- HEAT remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in clean skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers and onion; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Add jalapeño pepper and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Cut steak into 1-1/2-inch sections; slice sections thinly against the grain. Stir into skillet. Remove from heat.
- FOR each quesadilla, place 2 tablespoons cheese on one tortilla; top with about 1/2 cup fajita mixture, 2 tablespoons cheese and second tortilla. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in clean skillet over medium heat. Cook quesadilla 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cut into quarters to serve.
- SERVE with sour cream, salsa and lime wedges.