- 1 loaf crusty bread, 10-12 inches long
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 3-4 cups Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Yields 6 servings
- PREHEAT oven to 350o F (175o C).
- SCORE bread with a serrated knife lengthwise and then crosswise several times, making a crosshatch pattern of little squares but keeping the bottom intact and maintaining the shape of the bread.
- SPREAD the pesto in between the crevices of the bread using a small rubber spatula.
- SPRINKLE the Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds into the crevices to fill in, tucking the cheese into the center of the bread. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- TRANSFER the loaf to a sheet pan lined with foil.
- COMBINE the melted butter and garlic and drizzle the mixture evenly over the bread. Season with salt and pepper.
- BAKE until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Serve warm with marinara, if desired.
Credit to Chef Kelsey Nixon for this recipe.
Credit to @caitlacoop for the accompanying image.