Total Cook Time
- 6 ounces raw chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 package (8 oz.) Borden® Cheese Oaxaca Shreds or Four Cheese Mexican Thick Cut Shreds
- 2 tbsp. diced tomato
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Tortilla chips and/or warm flour tortillas
- PREHEAT oven to 350o F (175o C).
- COOK chorizo over medium heat in medium skillet 2 minutes, breaking up pieces with wooden spoon. Add onion and garlic; continue cooking 5 minutes or until chorizo is cooked through and onion is tender, stirring frequently. Drain fat.
- PLACE half the cheese in an 8-inch shallow baking dish; top with chorizo mixture and remaining cheese.
- BAKE 15 to 18 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato and cilantro. Serve with chips or tortillas.
Elsie’s Tips: Boost the spice level and add one seeded and chopped jalapeño pepper with the onion and garlic; continue as directed.