Total Cook Time
- 2 tsp. butter, softened
- 2 small slices Italian or sourdough bread (about 5×2-½ inches)
- 3 tbsp. prepared pesto
- 3 Borden® Cheese Whole Milk Mozzarella Slices
- 3 tomato slices
- SPREAD butter on one side of each bread slice; flip slices over.
- SPREAD bread slices evenly with pesto. Top one slice with cheese, cutting to fit as necessary, and add tomato. Top with second slice of bread, pesto side down.
- HEAT panini maker or grill pan to medium. Add sandwich; cook 2 minutes or until golden brown underneath. Carefully flip and continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Elsie’s Tip: To make a panini without a panini press, cook sandwich in a skillet or on a grill pan. After flipping sandwich, press down with a flat lid, smaller skillet or foil-wrapped brick to flatten slightly.