Total Cook Time
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (5 oz.) baby spinach
- 8 eggs
- 2-¾ cups Borden® Vitamin D Milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg, optional
- 8 cups cubed (3- to 4-inch) French or Italian bread
- 8 oz. ham, cut into ½-inch cubes (2 cups)
- 1 package (8 oz.) Borden® Cheese Thick Cut Sharp Cheddar Shreds, divided
- HEAT butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add spinach; continue cooking several minutes or until spinach is just wilted.
- BEAT eggs, milk and seasoning in large bowl with whisk until blended. Arrange half of bread in greased 9×13-inch baking dish; top evenly with spinach, ham, 1 cup of the cheese and remaining bread. Pour egg mixture over bread; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate for six hours or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 350o F (175o C).
- BAKE, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until light golden brown and heated through. Let stand 10 minutes.